Thursday 20 May 2010

Stripey sweater part 600

I finally found a pattern that I was happy with for my son's stripey sweater. It is in Simple Easy Knits from Sirdar. The title should say it all. I didn't want anything too taxing because I had to work out the stripes as well. I think this one will work a treat. I have gone for the plain crew neck that the small boy is wearing.


I also decided to be a bit more tasteful with the colours. I have gone for just four to start with. I thought I would try one with four and, once I had become brave and my son had got used to it, make one with about twenty four colours in. How about that. So here are my slightly subdued colours. I hope it will still be quite funky. The yarn is a Stylecraft dk and is lovely and soft to work with.


On a totally different subject, my catalogue has come through for the Chelsea Flower Show. Yaaaaaaaaaay! Good times. I am quite excited. We are going up on Tuesday which is the first day that it is open to the public and it is also Medals day. It is always a really long day but worth it. Hopefully I will be able to get some good photos of the gardens.


7 comments:

  1. I really like the colors you've picked. Have fun at the flower show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colours! Very autumnal. I can't wait to see the version with 24 colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice and absolutely love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving those colors you picked for the sweater - I bet it's going to turn out really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think those colours are gonna l@@k fab together. Good choice hun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a good eye for colour! They look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, gorgeous colors! Looks like it will be a lovely one.

    ReplyDelete