Sunday 23 May 2010

Get knitted

Yesterday I travelled to Get Knitted in Bristol. I had wanted to go there for a long time and decided that yesterday would be the day. I had looked on the website and found that they were selling Sublime merino silk aran extremely cheaply. Armed with a couple of Kim Hargreaves pattern books in case I got tempted I made my way to Brislington in Bristol. It is about thirty miles or so from where I live so it was a bit of a trek but worth it. It is a large shop with lots of space and almost every yarn imaginable. I managed to get the Kim Hargreaves Nectar book that I had been looking for for a while and the aran yarn. I also bought some Sublime Organic Cotton. With my purchases in hand, I went home.

After a couple of hours at home rolling in my yarn, I decided I would look at the pattern books I had taken with me to match purchases to patterns. After half an hour of panic, I realised I had left them at the shop. Doh. I had to drive all the way back to pick them up. What a pain. To make it seem like my afternoon wasn't completely wasted, I combined the second excursion with a trip to Ikea which is only a couple of miles from Get Knitted. A tough job but someone has to do it. All in all, a big day out.

I forgot to take a photo of Get Knitted to show you so I have posted a photo from our upstairs window to make it more exciting. Did it work? I hope to have a photo of the yarn tomorrow just to show you. Have a look at their Sublime sale if you get a chance.

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful pastoral scene out your window!! Looks like you had a lovely day yesterday - what better than yarn shopping and IKEA. Look forward to what you bought. I've been looking at some Sublime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photo and can't wait to see the yarn! I had a yarn excursion yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous view!! Sounds like you had a good day after all...not sure how well I would have done with a second trip to the yarn shop...I probably would have bought more yarn...and then would have had to stop at IKEA for more shelves. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get Knitted is rather a bright spot in grey Brislington, havn't been there in months... Glad to know that other people like Ikea, Mr HH is not a fan. Have you seen ikea's fabric section? Bit small, but I once found some pretty florals there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely view! Sounds like a really nice day out, despite having to go all the way back for your books! Looking forward to seeing what you knit with your new yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for stopping by...glad to meet a sock knitter who GETS IT!! lynnie

    ReplyDelete