Sunday 16 May 2010

The levels

On Friday I had to take my son to Taunton to pick up a computer. This involved us driving over the Somerset levels so I thought we would take some photos. As you can see it was another overcast day. This area of Somerset is drained so that it can be farmed and inhabited. Apparently, it is the reason Somerset got its name because people could only live there in the summer - summer settlement, which then became Somerset. I don't know if this is true but it sounds plausible. Hope you enjoy the photos.





3 comments:

  1. Lovely photos! I miss the UK. I haven't visited in a long time! I found your blog through Ravelry. Mine is http://www.paperstarfish.prettyposies.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! It's a neat story and sounds plausible....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool photos! I miss the countryside! :)Manchester is not the same as those Zummerzett hills :)

    ReplyDelete