Daisy on the lawn
Daisy on the drive
Here is a photo of the long awaited Daisy cardigan. It is a Kim Hargreaves pattern in her Breeze book. I have never attempted a Kim Hargreaves pattern before and it took me a little while to get used to the way she writes the pattern but it was a lot easier than I had expected.
I decided on lilac with a green edge on the sleeves and inside the pockets. I really wanted some green pearlised buttons to pick out the colour but could not find them. I never realised that there were so many shades of green. I had to settle for some lilac flowers instead. If anyone has a good online supply of buttons that they know about I would love to hear about them.
I knitted it in a DK cotton by Sirdar which I bought cheaply from Kemps.
I was a little disappointed with the cardigan because the tension was all wrong. I hadn't done a tension square and I have realised I am a very loose knitter. It has actually come out about two inches bigger than it should have done. When I compared the way I knit to the other knitters I know I realised that I do not have any tension on the yarn as I knit. It just flops about in my fingers. I am trying to find a way of putting more tension on it but it is like learning to knit again. It has really slowed me done. Still, better to be done properly.
I have spent the last couple of days working on tension squares for various patterns and in different yarns. I will keep up the good work and stay calm!