Monday 10 May 2010

Cherry baby

Cherry Cake Yum Yum


I made a cherry and coconut cake yesterday. I got the recipe from the blog of A Homely Heroine. It looked so delicious that I had to try it. I had commented on the blog that you could keep the cherries evenly distributed by coating them in flour. As you can see, this didn't work. The cherries seemed to just congregate at the bottom. It also took a lot longer to cook in my oven than the suggested hour although I did turn the oven down by twenty degrees because it tends to run a bit hot. Maybe I will just follow the instructions next time! The cake was absolutely scrummy and I will definitely try to get more recipes from there.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds gorgeous! I have recently started baking so may well try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious. I'm sure unevenly distributed cherries taste just as good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. You could always just redistribute the cherries within your slice after cutting it. :)

    ReplyDelete