Sunday 17 October 2010

Sock it to 'em

I don't know if I have ever mentioned the fact that I have three strapping sons and all of them love knitted socks. This, alone, would keep me busy knitting. As soon as I have finished one pair, another pair is needed.

In itself, it wouldn't be such a bad thing except that all of my sons have such large feet. They are sizes 17, 12 and 11 respectively. Yes, it is like knitting wind socks!

I try to keep a pair on the go all of time but sometimes, I don't really knit much of them. I should make a pact with myself to knit at least ten rounds of a sock a day but I know I am not that disciplined.

Here is my latest pair of finished socks in the largest size. I knit a very basic sock pattern but do them on 3mm needles instead of 2.5mm and extra rounds in the foot.


I try to use stripey yarn because it makes it a little more interesting. My eldest son only likes blue, my youngest likes really bright colours and my middle son just loves any that I knit him. Who could refuse to knit the socks when they are so well loved!!!

7 comments:

  1. Hehe, sounds like your middle son is the ideal recipient of any knitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are lucky to have sock-loving sons :) And the ones in the photo are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice you have sons who love and appreciate hand-knit socks! I also loved your buttons on your last post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so lovely that your socks are worn and loved by your sons! I like the yarn in the pictured socks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are very lucky boys to get handknit socks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so great, I need to actually try knitting socks...I bought a sock kit at Rhinebeck...and so glad to see you blogging again...you were missed

    ReplyDelete