Monday 9 May 2011

Wonderwool Booty

 Sorry for the prolonged absence again.  Sometimes life takes over.  Here is my Wonderwool Booty.  I wanted to get some laceweight yarn because I hope to knit Laar by The Shetland Trader.  I know it is a massive task to knit a cardi in laceweight but the pattern is so lovely.  I found the Fyberspates stall and bought some scrumptious lace in the colourway Water.


I also bought some in Teal because I couldn't really chose between the two.  Now I will have to make two cardigans or lots of shawls!


Then, to compound my lace knitting overload, I bought a Fyberspates sparkly laceweight just because I loved the colour.  Yes, it does have sparkly bits in.  I don't really know what possessed me because I normally goes for quite plain things but I was swept up in the occasion.  I am sure it will be lovely and, dare I say, a little bit disco.


Then I bought some Easyknits in a colourway called Swamp Thing.  Enough said.


Oh and I bought some Crazy Zauberball.  I think this one is one of the more restrained colours to make up for the glitterball Fyberspates.


Lastly I got a Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend.  It is a lovely mixture of blues and greens.


I also bought some lovely buttons to add to my button stash.

6 comments:

  1. Mmm, Manos Silk blend. I love that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stash! I am so envious of the Fyberspates lace, yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always enjoy a yarn post...would love to feel some Fyberspates in real life...not available here yet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely haul, the colours are beatuiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! They're all beautiful!

    Thank you for the Laar link, it's very pretty! I'm sure it will look amazing in that color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the swamp thing...looks like you got a lot of cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete